If you have lost or damaged teeth, it’s important to know there are options for restoring them. The impact of losing a tooth is far more than just an aesthetic one–it can affect your health and your overall quality of life. At Sawmill Valley Dental, our team of expert dentists and staff are dedicated to helping you restore your smile. With a combination of skill and knowledge, our professionals are able to put together a personalized plan for each patient so they can get back their beautiful smile in no time! If you’re looking for ways to restore your smile, this blog will help you understand what options are available and how they work.
Dental implants are synthetic structures that replace the roots of missing teeth. They’re either made of titanium or a combination of metal and porcelain, and they’re placed into your jawbone through dental surgery so they can fuse with it over time. You can visit an implant dentist to see if you are eligible enough for the procedure.
In addition to replacing missing teeth, dentures also provide support for remaining teeth. They can be made of acrylic, plastic, or metal, depending on the needs of the patient. There are two main types of dentures: full-coverage dentures and partial dentures for missing teeth.
Veneers are so popular in cosmetic dentistry and are made from porcelain or resin, and they can be attached to your existing teeth with a special adhesive material.
Veneers offer many benefits:
- They improve the look of your smile by covering up stains, chips, cracks, and gaps in your natural tooth structure.
- They help you avoid having to undergo more extensive dental treatments like crowns or bridges because cosmetic veneers can restore your smile without changing its shape or size too much.
- Veneer materials tend to be more durable than other types of restorations.
Root Canal Therapy
Many dentists may perform root canal therapy to remove the infected tissue from inside your tooth. Infections in the tooth pulp commonly cause tooth pain and should be treated right away. If this infection isn’t treated, it can spread through your jawbone and into other parts of your body. The root canal treatment can prevent tooth removal by preserving your infected tooth.
A dental crown is a covering for a tooth that’s been damaged by a dental emergency or trauma. It can be crafted from porcelain, metal, or plastic and used to cover the entirety of your natural tooth in order to both strengthen it and give it back its original shape.
The benefits of having this type of restoration include:
- Improved aesthetics – Compared to other types of restorations like dentures or bridges, cosmetic crowns can improve the look and feel of your smile more naturally.
- Protection against further damage – Dental crowns protect your existing healthy teeth from further damage due to wear caused by chewing food or grinding at night while sleeping.
You can reach out to our dentists for additional details!